1. What is IPTK?
IPTK is an institute that aims to provide unique, innovative and quality transdisciplinary post-graduate and professional programmes as well as to foster transdisciplinary research programs that are sustainable for lifelong learning, economic prosperity and wellness of the society.
2. Where is IPTK Located?
IPTK is on the 2nd floor of Centre for Graduate Studies (PPS) building at the main campus of UTeM in Durian Tunggal.
3. What is the advantages studying in IPTK?
All students will be assist periodically in their studies by providing seminars, workshops and academic talks to ensure that they could graduate on time.
4. Who are the academic staff of IPTK?
Besides the Dean and the Deputy dean, there are three (3) coordinators and seven (7) lecturers and hired under IPTK. In addition, the academic supervisors will be appointed from other faculties as well according to the expertise and the needs of the academic programmes.
5. Who are the admin staff of IPTK?
There are one (1) Senior Assistant Registrar, one (1) Senior Assistant Administrative Officer, one (1) Chief Clerk, one (1) Office’s Secretary, one (1) Administrative Assistant and one (1) Operation Assistant to ensure a smooth administration of IPTK.
6. What types of academic programmes are offered at IPTK?
The list of current academic programmes can be reffered through https://iptk.utem.edu.my/en/academic/programme-offrered.html.
7. How to apply the programme that offered by IPTK?
You can apply through https://portal.utem.edu.my/postgraduate/. For further information, please contact:-
Centre for Graduate Studies
Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka
Phone: +606-270 2791/2786
8. Does IPTK have any other responsibility besides offering Postgraduate programmes?
IPTK also conducting and offering all compulsory courses for postgraduate studies.
9. What a the compulsory courses that conducted under IPTK?
There are five (5) compulsory courses such as :-
· RESEARCH METHODOLOGY / (MPSW5013 /PPSW6013),
· ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT - (PPSW6033 / MPSW5033),
· QUALITY SYSTEM MANAGEMENT – (PPSW6053 /MPSW5053),
· PROJECT MANAGEMENT – (PPSW6073 /MPSW5073) and;
· ENTREPRENEURSHIP – (PPSW6023 /MPSW5023).
10. In this globalisation era, how does IPTK move towards internationalisation?
· IPTK accepts students from many countries.
· We also sign the MoA/MoU with other outside institutions for academic programmes.
· IPTK has experienced in conducting international seminar abroad.